Shoulder pain can be caused by:
- Problems with the actual shoulder joint (aka glenohumeral).
- Tight or weak muscles (especially the rotator cuff) around the shoulder and scapula.
- Spinal conditions in neck and thorax that affect shoulder movement or refer to shoulder due to nerve compression.
- Irritation of the bursa (bursitis).
- Liver or gall bladder conditions (can refer to right shoulder).
Stress-induced muscle guarding.
So the first step is to determine the cause(s) of the pain. After a thorough examination, Bill Gallagher PT, CMT, CYT will provide some combination of:
Integrative manual therapy
- Therapuetic Yoga
- Tai Chi
- Prescriptive exercise (stretches, strengthening)
- Posture and body mechanics instruction
to treat shoulder pain holistically. Bill has treated virtually every type of shoulder condition including combination of these:
* Shoulder Arthritis * Biceps Tendon Rupture * Shoulder Bursitis * Calcific Tendonitis * Shoulder Dislocation & Shoulder Instability * Frozen Shoulder/adhesive capsuliitis * Humerus fracture * Labral tear * Osteoarthritis * Rotator cuff tear * Rheumatoid arthritis * Scapular fracture * Shoulder Separation, AC separation, acromioclavicular sprain or tear * SLAP Lesion * Spinal stenosis * Sprains and strains * Tendinitis * Tension myositis syndrome
Holistic physical therapist, Bill Gallagher PT, CMT, CYT, Shoulder in New York City. His office is at 88th and Broadway and he makes home visits to the Upper East Side and Upper West Side of NYC.
Filed under: General Conditions