Neck pain can be caused by:
- Problems with the facet joints in the neck.
- Tight or weak muscles (often some are weak others tight) around the neck, jaw, shoulder and upper back.
- Nerve compression.
- Stress-induced muscle guarding.
So the first step is to determine the cause(s) of the pain. After a thorough examination, Bill Gallagher PT, CMT, CYT will provide some combination of:
- Integrative manual therapy (Osteopathy to address joint mobility & myofascial restrictions, Acupressure, Deep Tissue Massage)
- Therapuetic Yoga
- Tai Chi
- Meditation (if stress is causing or exacerbating the condition and client is interested)
- Prescriptive exercise (stretches, strengthening)
- Posture and body mechanics instruction
to treat neck pain holistically. Bill has treated virtually every type of neck condition including combination of these:
- Cervical fracture
- Cervical Osteoarthritis
- Neck Arthritis
- Neck Instability
- Poor Posture
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Spinal stenosis
- Sprains and strains
- Tension myositis syndrome
Holistic physical therapist, Bill Gallagher PT, CMT, CYT, treats neck pain in New York City. His office is at 88th and Broadway and he makes home visits to the Upper East Side and Upper West Side of NYC.
Filed under: General Conditions