Spinal health is supported by three factors that can be likened to the legs of a stool: Strength, flexibility and awareness. If one leg is wobbly, the other ones may compensate to support the load. This compensation is draining in a way that leads to pain.
Sometimes back pain can be caused by structural restrictions/instabilities and habits of movement that reinforce or create the structural issue or issues. Bill Gallagher will help you use:
- Hatha Yoga (postures)
- Breathwork (from yoga, qigong, Feldenkrais, Middendorf)
- Mental techniques (guided imagery, meditation, cognitive behavioral training)
- Rooting/stabilization techniques from Qigong & Tai Chi
- Feldenkrais to ease or eliminate back pain.
to ease or eliminate back pain. Bill also has extensive expertise in manual therapy to address spinal conditions including:
- Myofascial Release
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Joint Manipulation/Mobilization
- Trigger Point Work
Bill Gallagher, a New York City (NYC) based Physical Therapist, has successfully treated thousands of people with acute or chronic spinal conditions including: